Alaska for the little ones
Family vacations can be daunting. There is an art to making sure they provide an adventure, an enriching experience and remain enjoyable for the parents as well. At Gray Line Alaska, our sightseeing tours are the perfect way to show your kids Alaska while still feeling that you actually went on a vacation. Here are some of our favorite ideas.
- Take a scenic float down the Kenai River through the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge and Kenai Mountains. This 11-mile, 3.5-hour float trip will have kids entertained, keeping their eyes out for bears, moose, bald eagles and salmon along the way. And don’t worry – we include a snack.
- In Talkeetna, kids ages 10 and up will love our zipline adventure. After a short hike, the course begins and riders zip through the treetops with views of the Alaska Range, Ruth Glacier and the Chulitna River Valley.
- What kid doesn’t love a boat? Our Prince William Sound Glacier Cruise in Copper River offers up-close views of Columbia Glacier and chances to see marine wildlife while learning about science and history. This is a full-day tour and a meal is provided for guests.
- You’re not in Alaska every day – why not give your family a once-in-a-lifetime experience while you’re at it? The Denali Peak Flightseeing Adventure is two-and-a-half hours of jagged mountaintops, rugged peaks and stunning glaciers. Your knowledgeable pilot will provide expert commentary and you’ll even experience a 360-degree view of Denali as the plane circles the peak. Kids as young as two can enjoy this adventure.
- Do the kids need a puppy-cuddling break? The Trail Breaker Kennel Tour will give guests a backstage pass to one of Fairbanks’ longest operating kennels. Meet current and future canine Iditarod all-stars and hear about how mushers prepare for epic sled dog races like the Iditarod and the Yukon Quest.
- A ride aboard the Anchorage Trolley is always a great idea. Take a break from driving around the rental car and enjoy a 15-mile tour of Anchorage. You’ll see seaplane landings on Lake Hood, mountain and ocean views, and if you’re lucky, you might even see a few moose roaming the city.
From adventurous outings to low-key exploring, our tours at Gray Line Alaska are the perfect way to get the most out of your Alaska vacation – kids and all!
Back to Blog