Rail Travel & Timing
During your tour, you may travel aboard deluxe railcars on segments between Anchorage, Talkeetna, Denali National Park and Fairbanks. These cars are comfortable, restroom equipped and beverages and meals are available for purchase. Your seat will be assigned and you will find it on your welcome envelope or through a representative at the rail depot. As a courtesy to others, smoking is not permitted on board the train cars or outside vestibules.
Travel time varies somewhat, but traditionally the schedule calls for 4 hours between Anchorage and Talkeetna, 4 hours between Talkeetna and Denali National Park and 4 hours between Denali National Park and Fairbanks.
Storage space on the train is limited, so we request that your hand-carried bag not exceed the size of a standard tote.
For 1 and 2 night Denali rail tours, you must find your own way to the rail depot on your first day of the tour and from the rail depot on your last day of the tour. Transfers to and from your hotel are included. For all other tours, all transfers are included.
Anchorage to Denali (NB Rail)
- Anchorage Depart – 9:15 a.m.
- Talkeetna Arrive – 12:15 p.m.
- Talkeetna Depart – 12:30 p.m.
- Denali Park Arrive – 4:50 p.m.
Denali to Anchorage (SB Rail)
- Denali Park Depart – 9:15 a.m.
- Talkeetna Arrive – 2:00 p.m.
- Talkeetna Depart – 2:15 p.m.
- Anchorage Arrive – 5:15 p.m.
Denali to Fairbanks (NB Rail)
- Denali Park Depart – 4:00 p.m.
- Fairbanks Arrive – 8:00 p.m.
Fairbanks to Denali (SB Rail)
- Fairbanks Depart – 8:15 a.m.
- Denali Park Arrive – 12:10 p.m.